Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blog Entry #0: Introduction Blog

Howdy! My name is Paola Garza. I am a Junior, Computer Science major. I was born and raised in Mexico until the age of 15. In 2004, my family and I moved to Palmview TX... where I attended high school. In 2008, I graduated and decided to come here to A&M. I have been here since then, and hopefully graduating December 2011.
  • itzeth.paola@gmail.com
  • 3rd year Senior
  • I'm taking this class because I think it is important to be aware of how technology affects our society; how we, as computer scientists, can work towards developing technology that will bring a positive effect to society, not only by facilitating our everyday living, but also in the long run in order to preserve and better humankind.
  • The best experience I think I can bring to this class is my interest about cultures, society and how they relate to computers. Even though I enjoy programming and problem solving, and have acquired most of this experience in the classroom, I am also really interested in the effects that technology brings to our daily lives. I am not quite sure what we are going to be studying in this course, but I have the feeling that I will find it really interesting!
  • In 10 years from now I expect to be working at a government agency applying my skills in a field related to network security.
  • I think the next biggest technological advancement in computer science will be a completely safe internet network!
  • If I could travel back on time I would like to meet William Shakespeare! Why? Because even after reading and Romeo and Juliet so many times, I still don't understand how someone can think of such a tragic ending for such a beautiful story!
  • I would rather my fiance not have mustache at all...
  • Besides being a native Spanish speaker, I would like to learn Italian. It all started when I heard the original version of one of my favorite songs, "Vivo per lei." I really see myself learning Italian in the near future!
  • I recently got engaged! Besides planning for graduation and grad school throughout the year, I will also be planning for my wedding on January 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment